In order to operate a motor vehicle on the University property, the operator must agree to abide by all regulations in the University of Louisiana Traffic Code.
Parking a vehicle on University property, the operator agrees to abide by all regulations in the UL Lafayette Traffic Code and the University is not liable for any damages incurred to said vehicle. In addition to any penalties stipulated in this code for any violations referenced, the owner registrant or driver is also subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the University Code of Student Conduct.
- All cars that park on campus must be registered.
- You can register you vehicle from your ulink account. Sign in and click on the bus picture under Transportation Services.
- We are unable to issue temporary parking based upon medical needs. If you need handicapped parking, please apply for the credential from the State of Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles or the state in which the automobile is registered.
- Do not park in handicapped parking spaces without the proper credentials.
- Do not park in areas that are signed for specific needs (e.g. Ill student parking in front of the Student Health Center).
- Please follow the basic rules of parking-no parking in driveways or on sidewalks, for example.
- If you need to have another vehicle (rental or otherwise) because your car is in the shop, please contact our office.
- If you park on campus at night, you must have a night permit to park.
- If, at any time, you have questions, please contact us. We are more than willing to help and answer your questions before you get a ticket.
Citations and fees can be found on page 7 of the Traffic Code. They are issued for the following:
- No Parking Zone
- Blocking Driveway
- Parking on Grass
- Disobeying attendant
- Not Registered
- Misuse of Gate Access
- Parking on Sidewalk
- Parking Not To Obstruct Access to driveways, sidewalks or any other ingress/egress area
- Parking on 1-way Street
- Parking next to Construction
- Stopping or parking at areas marked with yellow
- Parking in an intersection
- Parking on crosswalk
- Blocking access to handicapped parking
- Improper parking
- Improper display
- Parking in wrong zone
- Parking in a tow away zone
Most citations / tickets are $35-$50 but can cost as much as $300.