Visitors to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus are always welcome.
An hourly parking lot designated for visitors on the UL Lafayette campus is located at the new Girard Park Circle Parking Garage located on Girard Park Circle. Levels one and two are the designated visitor parking levels for this garage. The lot on the side of the Student Union is designated as complimentary 30 minute parking for visitors. Parking is restricted to 30 minutes per occurrence in this lot.
University affiliates who park on campus are required to purchase a permit, therefore, we ask visitors to refrain from parking in areas designated for faculty, staff and students, unless prior arrangements are made through Transportation Services. Violators are subject to ticketing and/or towing. Faculty, staff and students are responsible for any citations that are issued to visiting family members.
If parking is not available in one of these areas or if special arrangements are needed, please call Transportation Services at 337.482.6858.
Hourly Parking Fees & Instructions
- Payment required 7 days a week/24 hours a day
Pricing is as follows
- $5.00 for 1 minute - 2 hours
- $1.00 per hour for each additional hour
- Only debit or credit cards are accepted and are paid at one of the conveniently located pay stations in the corners of the parking garage on levels 1-3.
- Cash or checks are not accepted at the pay stations.
Guests should park in an hourly visitor parking area. Those fees will not be waived or validated by Transportation Services.
Extend By Phone
- No account needed.
- Less chance of parking fines.
- Reminders are sent by text message to your cellular phone – just enter your phone number when you pay with a credit card.
- Extend your parking time from any location prior to time expiring!
- After parking, go to the nearest pay station to pay for your parking using a credit card.
- When prompted, enter your mobile number to receive a text message reminder prior to expiry.
- Reply to the text message prior to time expiring with the amount of additional minutes using 60 minute increments.
- This amount will be charged to the card you used for payment at the machine.
- There is a .25 cent convenience fee that is charged in addition to the amount you are charged for the extended time
- If you extend for 1 hour the charge would be $1.00 for the additional time plus the .25 cents for a total of $1.25
Vendors must call the Office of Transportation Services to get a temporary permit.
If you are a visitor and a department has given you a ParkMobile code to park on campus, you will need to park in the visitor parking area of Girard Park Circle Parking Garage. Follow these directions provided to you by the department.
If you are a department looking to purchase a code for a visitor please fill out a request form for a Coupon Code
- Please fill out, sign, and return the form to the Office of Transportation for processing
- The code will be given to the requesting department after being added to the ParkMobile system.